Don’t Get Burned By IT – Saskatoon Company Hacked
Our Trusted Saskatoon IT professionals at Burnt Orange Solutions promise to have a one-hour response time for all your IT support needs. Honesty and respect are important to us. We pride themselves on ensuring our clients understand their IT concerns by providing a straightforward and reliable solution with exceptional service. In our latest IT blog, owner Gareth discusses a recent experience – The system of a Saskatoon company hacked from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Saskatoon Company Hacked from the UAE
Last week we visited a Saskatoon company to conduct a Free IT assessment. When we were there we discovered an active hack on their servers.
We completed a free assessment of the computers and the network, which is when we discovered many basics had not been looked after.
What we found:
- Remote connections to their server from the United Arab Emirates and Germany,
- We logged on to the server to find ‘NinjaGram’ was running, this is a bot program to increase fake likes on Instagram . Basically, they were using the Saskatoon company’s computing power to increase their fan base on social media.
- On our first log on to the server we found that hackers from the United Arab Emirates were actively visiting websites back in the UAE.
- Poor/weak passwords allowed for the remote desktop connections.
- Router/Firewall not configured correctly which allowed for the remote connections.
- Antivirus was either not installed or was not running throughout the network.
- WiFi was not secured correctly.
- Critical Security patches were missing on all of this Saskatoon businesses computers allowing for malware to run.
- Data backup system not functioning.
We are still looking into the network to see if any data or client information was stolen and/or comprised.
They didn’t know they were being let down, their previous IT provider told them they were being supported well, and that their security was second to none. If this Saskatoon company had not taken us up on the Saskatoon FREE/ No obligation IT assessment that we offer, we have no idea what may have happened.
Want a Head Start on Securing Your Business From Hackers?
We hope you can learn from this story of a Saskatoon companies IT being targeted by foreign hackers. If you’re ready to take your security to the next level, contact the Trusted Saskatoon IT professionals at Burnt Orange Solutions and take IT worries off your plate.
Burnt Orange IT Solutions Products & Services:
- Managed Networks
- Backup and Recovery
- Data and Network Security
- Hosted Services
- Telephone Systems
- Secure WiFi Networks
“Saskatoon IT Support You Can Trust and Understand”